Tips on Completing Online Auctions
Congratulations, you have won the auction!
Below are some simple tips to follow when completing your online auction transaction:
- Contact the seller as soon as possible to provide them with your shipping address or further contact information. This should be done no later than three business days following the auction.
- Review the seller's payment options and select the one that best suits your needs.
: Most credit card companies provide 100% protection for purchases made online. Credit Cards provide a fast and effective way to close the sale.
Checks: Sending a check is an effective means of completing a sale. Remember, sending checks via the postal system will prolong the completion of the sale.
Wire transfers: Wire transfers offer no protection and little recourse should problems arise. They are also frequently used in online scams. Trust your seller before using this method of payment.
Escrow services: These third-party services protect both buyer and seller by holding payment for the item and releasing it to the seller once the buyer has received and inspected the item. Most sellers will request that you cover the escrow fees.
Online Payment Services: Many (but not all) provide some level of protection for your transaction. Ensure you understand the level of protection offered by your online payment service and what you are covered for.
Be wary of sellers who try to rush you into a fast decision and push for one specific type of payment. You should feel comfortable completing all transactions within a reasonable timeframe.
- Review the seller's shipping terms to know what you will have to pay for. Use a carrier that provides protection for items during transit. To protect against loss or damage during shipping, we highly recommend you insure your item.
- After you receive your item, inspect it immediately to ensure what you received is as it was described in the ad. Should there be any discrepancies, please contact the seller as soon as possible to clear up the issue. Often it is just a simple misunderstanding that is easily resolved.
- Finally, rate the transaction. Good or bad, it's important to let others know how the seller did.
Experiencing problems? Always attempt to contact the seller first. Most issues can be solved over the phone. Remember, the seller wants to have a successful transaction as much as you do. If you continue to have problems, please contact LabX via email so we may record and report appropriate feedback as needed. While LabX does not become directly involved in disputes, we may suggest a course of action to help you resolve the problem.
Please remember, LabX is an online marketplace providing communication services. We do not become involved in transactions or discussions between buyers and sellers.