New, Deeper Glove Box for your Pharmaceutical Lab from Banthrax Corporation.
The simple, safe solution for handling hazardous materials and irritants.
This model is useful in Pharma and Oncology applications because the extra internal real estate compliments the high level of protection and containment. The extra volume and "head-room" in the Deep-Bowl configuration allows the use of taller scales and other equipment, and it provides more working space for handling batches of materials when used for oncology drugs and other toxic or irritating preparations.
After 5 years of Safe-T-Dome™ production, Banthrax Corporation has added a model with more headroom and better mechanical containment for liquids and mobile solids. Already in use in private laboratories and on-order by the US military, the new Deep-Bowl model is supplied with the patented pressure-control and ventilation system proven in the original Safe-T-Dome™ glove box. This Safe-T-Dome Deep-Bowl™ glove box cabinet provides more “headroom” for use of instruments, tools and samples that are over 33 cm in height / length. It is also effective for containing liquids, small samples/tools and powders to avoid spillage when the box is open, and contamination of the seal.
| || |
- New- taller chamber; 35 cm internal vertical clearance (over 18 inches)
- Easy to use – only one adjustment (vacuum)
- Easy to place – requires only 5 sq ft (< 0.48 sq m.)
- Safe – simple, reliable fail-safe vacuum protection
- Easy to monitor – provides continuing self-check
- Easy to clean – no nooks, corners or crannies; bleach-safe
- Easy to move – mass < 6.4 Kg (12 lbs)
- Easy to maintain – change gloves & filters in 5 min.
- Total containment – Deep bowl contains liquids, small parts and powders and protects the seal; HEPA filter stops particles in the air
- Easy to open – lift cabinet open with one finger
- Economical – New models are priced from under $750 USD.
The proprietary vacuum system provides continuous visible and audible indications that protective vacuum is present.
| The bubble gage (bubblier) shows that the vacuum pump is working, as it bubbles air into the glove box. This also indicates that the negative pressure inside is greater than the dip-tube setting. || |
| The bellows moves as it compensates for hand/glove motion, and changes in gage pressure. So long as the bottom of the bellows is raised, there is vacuum present. || |
Like the original Safe-T-Dome™ models, the Deep-Bowl version is designed primarily for handling hazardous materials, from pathogens and oncology drugs to industrial chemicals, radioisotopes and NBC threats or suspicious articles. There are also more basic versions available for mechanical containment without vacuum protection. While all the vacuum protected models are provided with HEPA filtration, they can also be fitted with external chemical filters, and with pump extension kits for remote discharge.
The vacuum protected models provide containment and operator protection similar to class III biosafety cabinets. For applications that require high-level protection for samples and cabinet interiors, Banthrax is developing a new model to be announced later this quarter ( 4Q06 ).