Alexanderwerk PP 150 Roller Compactor and Granulator of Compact Design. Highly Efficient.
The PP 150 made by Alexanderwerk is a compactor and granulator designed for use in the chemical or pharmaceutical industries. With its open coverage type design and a throughput of up to 400 kg/hr., this is probably the best machine when it comes to compacting or granulating laboratory-scale or small batches.
Since the 1950s, Alexanderwerk has been developing and producing roller compactors for the chemical or primary industries. With the PP 150, Alexanderwerk now supplements its PP production series with a machine for use in the lower output range.
More info on the
Alexanderwerk PP 150 Roller Compactor and Granulator
Lessons learned from bench scale testing with the PP 150 can now be transferred onto the “large“ roller compactors of the PP 175, PP 250, PP 350, PP500 models at any time. This is similarly true for the transfer of parameters to the roller compactors of the WP production series made by Alexanderwerk, which are mainly used in the pharmaceutical industry or in large-scale plant engineering and construction. The PP 150 combines the design principles of the “large” roller compactors with the requirements made on a machine appropriate for use in pilot plants, viz. high flexibility and easy access:
- extensive use of standard components for high machine availability
- modular design
- easy access to the components or modules
- easy replacement of components critical to the process, such as the rollers
- easy access to the control system
- control system is integrated in the machine
- machine frame for easier access, allows elevated installation and smooth integration of upstream or downstream processing stages respectively
- comes with the patented Combi-Vent-Feeder® System as a standard feature
- comes with a vacuum feeder as a standard feature
- rollers are driven via two separate geared motors
- various roller surfaces with matched number of screws (between one and four screws) available
- optional: Wash in Place (WIP) design
- optional: entirely made of stainless steel
- optional: explosion-proof design according to ATEX
With the PP 150, a laboratory and pilot plant model is available for the PP series roller compactors (compacting output up to 400 kg/hr.).
Roller compactors manufactured by Alexanderwerk have been successfully used for years in the chemical and natural resources industries in the production of organic and anorganic raw materials such as:
- Battery substance
- Salt (de-icing salt, salt for water softening)
- Silicid acid (for the further processing of tyres)
- Animal feeds
- Additives (softening agents, for example)
|Granulate material size ||variable |
|Maximum pressing force ||30 kN/cm of roller width |
|Installed power ||approx. 29 kVA |
|Weight ||approx. 1.200 kg (complete, including control system) |
|Metallic materials ||1.4571 (in contact with the material) |
|Compacting rollers ||1.4122 |