Process Equipment > Packaging Equipment > Fillers > #346820 Bausch 550 High Speed Vial Filling - Stoppering Line
For Sale: #346820 Bausch 550 High Speed Vial Filling - Stoppering Line
Originally Found: Monday, May 13, 2013 Location: Canton, Massachusetts, USA
Contact the Company
Ad Details - #LV29200563
LabX Member since February 2002.
In business since 1999.
EquipNet, Inc. offers a full range of solutions for excess capital assets for Global 2000 manufacturers. Industries include; pharmaceutical, chemical, plastics, health and personal care, food & beverage, and forest products.
Ad Description#346820 Bausch 550 High Speed Vial Filling - Stoppering Line
Machine Output Rate:
Maximum mechanical speed (Qest in according to DIN 8743): infinitely adjustable
24 000 pc./h, including size parts for 1 vial size and 1 stopper size
3x400 V, 50 Hz
Basic Machine Construction:
- Machine designed with an inline balcony style transport system
- All mechanical drive components are located separately on the back side of the machine allowing
the operator a better access and view of all working stations.
- Separation between process area (white area) and mechanical area (grey area) by FDA
- Designed for built in wall design. Grey side maintenance.
- Machine base stainless steel 1.4301-AISI 304 with Ra 1.6 finish
- Drive by an infinitely adjustable servo motors
- Intermittent Motion / continuous motion
- BAT machine safety guarding with LF design
- All parts in contact with the product are made of AISI 316L stainless steel with 0,6 Ra
- All parts in contact with rubber stoppers are made of AISI 316L stainless steel with 0,8 Ra
- Linear bi-flow table for vials feeding at high speed
- The bi flow table receives the vials from the depyrogenation tunnel and disposes them in one
single line. Maximum load control is present.
- All parts in contact with the products are made ofUHDPE (Ultra High Density Polyethilene) for
pharmaceutical applications. The belts are in the form of grids in order to facilitate the
unidirectional air flow passage.
Vials in-feed on belt:
- Individual belt carries (transport cells) are aligned with vials (guided between two lateral guides)
entering from the bi-flow table to the in-feed starwheel.
- Collection of fallen vials with format size parts for vial size 1 incl. a min infeed sensor.
- Transfer to an infeed starwheel.
- Containers are fed by a conveyor
- The objects are separated and individually fed to the main transport system.
Vials transport system with automatic adjustment according to vials diameter:
- Vials are positively held throughout the whole machine and are transported in a linear motion
passing through all stations located in line in front of the operator access side.
- Transport system is designed with the narrow balcony design configuration in mind and to allow
full access to the machine process area from the operator side.
- The transport cells, feed screws and starwheels are made of UHDPE (Ultra High Density Polyethylene)
- The V shaped transport cells are mounted on a linear transport system made of a stainless steel belt
- The belt is made of stainless steel sheet metal, pre tensioned and driven directly by a servo motor,
reducing the number of mechanical drive train parts for most accurate positioning
- The transport cells can be assembled and disassembled from the drive belt very rapidly without
tools (for sanitization and size parts change over). Lateral position of conveying system is
adjustable by operator panel according to vials diameter. V shaped supports are laterally moved
while the opposite guide stays in fixed position.
- Pitch of 40 mm for vials up to 36 mm of diameter.
- Product feeding system with manifold
- Manifold to be connected to Customers supply system (or intermediate tank) feeding it to the filling
pumps. The machine will be supplied with 1 manifold that will be installed in an inclined way to
minimize product loss during end of production
Filling system with Rotary piston pumps:
- Basic pump drive system completely separate servo dive system located at the level of the filling
nozzle in parallel to the vial transport system.
- 8 head drive system, to hold BAT uniquely designed positive displacement rotary piston pump.
The pump is made up by two parts, which can be sterilized and easily aseptically assembled.
Accurate drive system allows precission dosing of liquids with an accuracy of +/- 0.10 % or better
based on WFI (Actual accuracy for the customers individual product, should be verified by dosing
- Individual pump adjustment to allow a min difference of filling per each filling head. one from
- The system is designed so the pumps are closely located to the filling nozzles in order to have min
hose length from the manifold to the pump and from the pump to the fill nozzle. I turn air purging
operation is extremely easy, quick and minimizes the loss of product. The machine has a special
purging mode at beginning of production to minimize start up time.
- IPC station for sampling of filling weights
- The linear walking beam nozzles carrier move all nozzles together in sync with the moving vials in
continuous and constant motion.
- Walking beam motion is realized by 2 servo motors in order to reach maximum flexibility (vertical
and horizontal strokes adjustable on the operator display panel according to:
- number of Pumps activated;
- vials height;
- machine direction linear stroke (in filling position)
- The servo driven control also makes it possible to create an optimized nozzles motion profile.
- Drive is separately located at the grey area of the machine (back of machine). All drive motion is
realized by rotary movements through the machine main plate. All penetrations are sealed in
order to minimizing particulate generation and transport of particulate into the filling area (white
- The design of the nozzle carrier is in a way to limit the impact with the unidirectional air flow in
order to avoid turbulence during the filling operation.
Stoppering system with automatic height adjustment according to vials height:
- 24 stoppering heads with vacuum pick up of the stoppers. The stoppers are placed onto the vials
by means of a cam driven vertical movement.
- The heads are supported by a unit having a cover with an laminar flow friendly shape that limits
the impact with the unidirectional air flow in order to avoid turbulence during the stoppering
- Automated setting of stoppering unit height according to vials height set on the OIT (operator
No vial no stopper function:
The function is realized by means of servodriven stoppers gating system acting on the stoppers feeding starwheel.
Stoppers feeding with vibratory bowl (with automatic height adjustment according to vials height):
- This system feeds stoppers in single line and make them move forward towards the stoppering
station, then transferred by means of a starwheel that creates the spacing of stoppers and final
transfer to insertion plunger. A laser photocell detects stopper presence.
- The vibratory bowl consists of a vibratory base with the sorting bowl for closure 1.
- The height position of the bowl is adjusted at the OIT.
- Stoppers minimum-load-control inside the bowl realized by an ultrasonic sensor .
- Intensity of vibration (stoppers advancement speed) adjustable by OIT according to production
Stopper checking and correct positioning control in the vial with double photocell:
The presence control is realized by a first laser photocell located in front of the stoppering starwheel with function signal to reject station.
- The correct positioning check is done with a second laser photocell, located in front of the
stoppering starwheel. Verification of the correct placement of the stopper (monitoring sensitivity of
Discharge onto vial transport belt:
- Discharge Delrin slated belt with stainless steel 304 structure length approx. 1 meter incl. motor
and settings on the OIT.
#346820 Bausch 550 High Speed Vial Filling - Stoppering Line
Please note: Originally found: Monday, May 13, 2013