Food Solutions Through Rheology and Extrusion from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Scientific instruments for food rheology and food extrusion allow users to create, process, and monitor food products to have ideal texture, shape, mouthfeel, processability, shelf life, and more.
The HAAKE MARS iQ Rheometer allows food scientists in R&D to characterize all stages of a product's life cycle from its raw materials to its consumption.
- Measuring the flow properties of even low viscous samples such as juices or dairy products
- Testing the flowability, pourability or spreadability of medium to high viscous fluids, creams and pastes
- Static yield stress measurements of highly sensitive structures such as setstyle yogurt or cream cheese, and of products that contain larger particles like fruit pulp or cereals
Process 11 Parallel Twin Screw Extruder enables food scientists and engineers to conduct small-scale studies during product development and process optimization.
- Precise temperature control for gelatinization processes using 8 independently controlled temperature zones
- Protein denaturation with process-specific shear stress profiles from the flexible screw design
- Short residence times for mild product treatment